This page is related to the Bible Canon and how it came to be. The Old Testament Canon had been given through the Jews. I believe that the New Testament began to selected in the first century with the general recognition of the writings of the apostles as being “scripture”, “that which is written”. — 1 Corinthians 4:6; Colossians 4:16; 1 Thessalonians 5:27.
I do not necessarily agree with every detail provided by other authors.
- 2 Timothy 3:16 — What Scripture is Inspired?
- Composition of the Bible (Dawn Link)
- Faith of our Fathers (Dawn)
- Integrity Of The Bible Canon (Johnson C. Philip)
- Jude and the Book of Enoch
On Other Sites
- The Bible — by Prof. Paul S. L. Johnson – provides an overview of the Bible and its canon, and he offers a lot of insight into how we know that the Bible is God’s inspired word. The link is to a PDF file of his entire book, which may either be read online or downloaded (right click to download) to your hard disk.